Monday, May 23, 2011

just submitted my first article

Those of you who have consistently read my blog the last few months know that I have struggled with my lack of academic publishing. (For newer readers interested in how I beat myself up, here is a link to one of the posts.)

Well, the big news is that I have finally submitted an article to an academic journal. For those of you not familiar with the process, one of three things can now happen: 1) It gets accepted as it is and now I have to brag about it on academic documents. 2) I get an "R&R" (revise and resubmit) where one or more of the editors or blind readers had a problem with it and I have to make some changes and hope it gets accepted for publication then. 3) It gets rejected. For this particular journal, they have a 20% acceptance rate, so my chances aren't all that good, but we'll see what happens. If it gets rejected, I've already chosen a second journal to try.

Now I need to work on the next article while I have the time this summer. But I don't think I'll start on that until tomorrow. I deserve a break for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

  1. And the first article just got rejected. I do understand their reasoning for the rejection, but frustrating none the less.

    ReplyDelete